It is crazy to think that today is the first day of September. Where has 2016 gone?! Because it’s a new month, it’s time to reflect on my goals from last month and share my goals for September.
- Post on the blog 4 times a week and have them scheduled in advance > Fail – I started out the month strong but as school started it became more like 2 posts a week. BUT, I did try to schedule them out and promoted old content on days I didn’t write on social media.
- Workout at least 4 times a week > Success – I kept this up in August and hope to continue to do so now that we are Planet Fitness members.
- Complete my name change > Success – I’ve officially changed my name on everything that matters at this time. I still need to change my passport and update my name on some Iowa retirement stuff but that can be done in time.
- Create a cleaning and organizing routine > Success – I’ve started a new nightly routine but I haven’t officially created the complete routine.
- Organize under the sinks and both closets > Fail – I ran out of time for this. It will be transferred to this month.
- Read 3 books > Mega Fail – I’m still on the same book I was at the beginning of the month.
- Complete our budget for the month > Success – this is something we’ve become really good at doing every month!
- Create a gallery wall of our wedding photos/decor > Fail – We officially have the pictures and the frames but we have not put them on the wall. We’re waiting for the centerpiece to arrive.
- Create a honeymoon photo book > Fail – This will probably take the back burner for a while with other things taking priority.
- Be ready and confident for the school year > Success – I was definitely ready to do Day 1 and have a great first 2 weeks (much better than last year!)
- Continue promoting the blog through social media > Success – I’m sure I could be doing better but I haven’t put money into promoting yet and it is new for me so I’m trying🙂
- Adjust Cooper to our new schedule > Success – He now has a play pen he stays in the during the day to give him more space and we take him on walks every night to burn off some energy from the day.
- Go on at least 2 dates with Cody > Success – We went on an official date last weekend and we’ve gone out on a couple double dates this month.
- Enjoy summer activities while it’s “nice” outside > Success – We went jet skiing a couple of weeks ago and also went mini golfing last weekend.
- Post items on Teachers Pay Teachers for sale > Fail – Haven’t done it yet. Other school things took priority. I’m hoping to get some things posted this month.
- Try a new workout (hoping to get some new motivation!) > Success – Planet Fitness has some great machines and even this Total 30 minute workout area that we tried last weekend that was nice.
- Try 3 new recipes and a new restaurant > Success – We had 2 new recipes in the Crockpot for some convenient Tuesday meals. I also made Egg Sausage Casserole for the first time in August. This is Cody’s favorite breakfast dish and his mom makes it all the time. I’ve never eaten or cooked it before, so I’m counting it as new to me. Also, last weekend we went to Lewis Barbecue for the first time and it was delicious!
This month’s goals are a lot shorter!
- Create a workout plan for each week
- Read 3 books
- Take something away from Financial Peace University
- Complete our living room gallery wall
- Have materials for lessons ready in advance
- Promote blog more
- Participate in a blogging webinar
- Organize bathroom cabinets and bedroom closet
- Try a new recipe and restaurant
- Post items on Teachers Pay Teachers to sell
What goals do you have for this month?
Don’t forget to fill out my reader survey!